Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Lilacs in the Family Room...


Despite the forecast, live like it's spring. - Lily Pulitzer

I love that quote but thankfully, it does feel like spring in the Pacific Northwest! As I write, it's a sunny, blue-sky, 75-degree day. The kind we could only dream of a month or two ago! I hope you are enjoying spring weather too, and looking forward to summer. I think we're down to 13 days left of school, as we limp towards the finish line... 



We've I've (my husband and our boys aren't as into them...;) been enjoying the lilac blooms from our property. We have three varieties of lilacs - two purple and one white. I'm so grateful our home's previous owner planted them. Lilacs are one of my favorite types of flowers, and I look forward to them blooming each year. I think this may be the second post on lilacs this season. Thank you for understanding that it's hard for me to let them go. ;) And they are, beginning to go... 

The fun thing about having a larger garden is that there always seems to be something new in bloom this time of year. We've come to appreciate the details of the seasons so much more since living here.


I had to sneak a picture of the lambs in...with the lilacs. It had to be done. And it had to be done while our boys were at school. I'm sure you can imagine their reaction to this photo shoot. It would have been very hard for me to live that down. Thankfully, they don't read my blog, so the secret's safe.


Thank you for stopping by today!

Xo

2 comments:

  1. Love the lilacs but for some reason...mine have not bloomed this year....My Son planted me a beautiful bush about 15 yrs ago for Mother's day....no flowers this year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lilacs but I’ve been told it’s to hot to grow them down here in lower Alabama. I love your lambs, the picture is precious. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.